Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Stuck in the Stoke

I'm only posting these clips because I had such an awesome week of skiing last week. Paddy, Jill, Kip, Heather, Aric and I drove a bazillion miles to the Loops for an airway course and some killer skiing, but we didn't even crack the skis off the car! We were delayed on our way out of town by the inevitable spring mudslide in Golden which shut the highway down. No big deal, we'll just ski one day less...

We drove around through Radium, adding an extra hour and a half to our 9 hour drive. The wive's club skinned up Sun Peaks to the amazement of Vancouverites, and skied down shite ice for exactly one run. Then they drank a case of beer waiting for the conference to end.

The trans-canada never did re-open as we found out in Revelstoke. Closed in all directions (!!) due to avalanches and mudslides, we gave up and checked into a hotel for the night. Sounds like heaven, stuck in powderland, but all we got was rain and terrible avy conditions. Nerves ran a little thin as we rescheduled our jobs and lives, but there isn't anyone else I'd rather be stuck with...

Trying to upload video of silliness in Revelstoke...

No comments:

Post a Comment