Sunday, December 28, 2008

Baby's First Christmas

Somehow I managed to get all my Christmas crafts done (what is it about a baby that makes one want to make things?), the tree up, the cooking done, and the gifts wrapped. Gifts were supposed to be low-key this year, but you wouldn't know it by looking at the mountain under the tree.

Maya's first Christmas brought out the holiday spirit in everyone. She remains fascinated with the tree - pointing at it several times a day and saying "Da!" but managed not to destroy any ornaments. I think she was truly dumbfounded by the brightly wrapped presents with bows and ribbons that she could climb all over.

Pre-Christmas present shaking. And eating, yes, eating wrapping paper.


Christmas morning. Pink isn't normally terribly flattering on redheads, but it's my dress from 32 years ago! My parents were delighted...


Nana's nose was a hit, as was Grandpa's Santa hat.

Ten of us around the table somehow, complete with turkey (no, I did not cook it), and all the fixings. It was fabulous! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment